Sunday, March 30, 2008

Don't Just Think, ACT


i spent my last day in DC going through the Holocaust Museum. Although there were hundreds of people and students crammed together in this exhibit (almost as if we really were in a Concentration camp ourselves, literally that many people), the messages still had their full impact on me.

I pray that my existence in this world can truly make a difference for the better and that I don't just watch the events that unfold in front of my eyes but rather become actively involved in pursuing justice and human rights for all.


Upon entering and leaving the museum, visitors are met with a poster that reads the following:

The next time you see injustice,
The next time you witness hatred,

The next time you hear about genocide,

THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAW


I challenge you to do the same...And ACT ON WHAT YOU SEE.

If you ever get the chance, visit the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in DC or the Museum of Tolerance in LA. I hear that's also very good.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I misread your previous post. I thought the alley had a name...but you just called it the one by the Federal Triangle. Haha, thanks for your comment on 'Wild Card.' Yeah, it's weird that the shorter version is in Boston. Some reason, I can't remember too much from the Holocaust museum in D.C. I think I kind of rushed through before they closed...

Matthew said...

Haha, I just happened to be there as the camera man (or woman) snapped his/her finger. But it's so perfect in collaboration with KanYe's Workout Plan lyrics! Eat yo salad, no dessert! Then: the rebuttal. I love it. I got your text while in Smith, but I was getting a faint signal. I dunno what the shortcut key is, but I'm sure a quick Google search will let you know...