Saturday, March 8, 2008

There is a rainbow at the end of a dark road...

Just a quick update on my mundane little life: the stress began last week as I began preparing for midterm week with one looming darkly over the other minor ones--Human Rights. The stress continued to mount throughout the rest of this week as I had three other midterms to study for as well as some other pressing matters I just don't want to think about right now.

Basically, I could only maintain a strong face for so long until I reached the point of breakdown on Thursday. Bust just like how in a business cycle an economy experiences a recessionary period, it eventually hits the trough and rises back up in the expansionary period was my experience this week. Finally, I became aware that I hit the trough period on Thursday, however signs of an expansionary period were not apparent to me until later that night. After a couple of hours studying I was returning home when I received word that a couple of my friends were visiting for the weekend. Their loving hugs and fun laughs definitely brightened my spirits, but I had to break away to resume my studying. When I finally arrived at my house and opened the door to the kitchen (I usually enter through the garage), I saw a suitcase full of Filipino food spread open in the middle of the floor. I heard a familiar voice call out my name that did not belong to any of my housemates, but a voice I had not heard in almost two years.

The person whom I thought the voice belonged to was really the person sitting in the living room. We screamed and hugged and hugged and screamed until I dunno...What seemed to be one of the darkest and stressful weeks ever turned out to be quite beautiful. People truly make [my] life much more enjoyable and fuller. I dunno how I could ever do without them :-)

So this week will continue the expansionary period that I call happiness and hopefully will last much longer than the recent recessionary period that now has passed. And in just 05 days, I will be traveling to the East Coast where I will enjoy a restful week with my BFF whom I haven't seen since last summer.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Chic! Emilio! Let the latter know I say hello? One more day, Karen...